Bangladesh Institute of Development (BIDS) is now hiring Post-Doctoral Fellows. Duties assigned to this title will require an in depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline and may involve organizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The duties will require the exercise of independent discretion and judgment in carrying out research activities within the predetermined research scope and methodology.
Interested candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
• Candidates must hold a recent PhD in a development field
• Further relevant post-doctoral experience would be preferred but not essential
• Other desirable attributes include good written and communication skills, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Preferably with field level experience of being involved in high quality, policy relevant empirical research
• Candidates must be able to initiate and carry out high quality research independently.
No. of Positions: 3
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a detailed CV to the Secretary, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies, E-17 Agargaon, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207 (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).BIDS is an independent public sector research institute and follows the government pay structure. However, sponsored research opportunities are available that attract market-based remuneration. Post-doctoral fellows will be appointed at the scale of BIDS Research Fellows for a fixed period of up to 3 years.